1. We discussed possible suggestions for what to do with a compulsory levy for sponsoring a child which has became moot since the child has since graduated; there's currently money collected from previous terms after the child graduated, and the school asked for a donation towards classroom equipment, however it is felt that this is against the spirit of how Balliol donates charitably and the levy, so this will probably be coming to a GM at some point.
1. Matt Fuller was co-opted onto Entz.
2. Up to £50 was passed for the Womens' Officers to spend on the Welfare tea to celebrate Emily Freeman's painting going up in Hall (!!!!) with the expectation that around £35 of it would be used.
3. Up to £15 was passed to reimburse Xav buying us table tennis balls which please for the love of life can you just not lose
4. Molly reminded us that there's a JCR boycott of Nestle and this should be considered in JCR teas and whatnot.
1. We're going to show Eurovision in the JCR; they'll be face painting and food and drinks.
2. Richard suggested buying drug purity testing kits for the JCR to use as a harm-reduction scheme; it was agreed this would be discussed further with Bruce and with James & Meg.
3. We're gonna start stocking spare food from JCR teas in a box behind Pantry to reduce waste because we're a responsible JCR.
4. The Committee formally noted the good job done by the Garden Party; we're gonna get them a card and passed up to five quid for this.
Here is the running order for tomorrow, try to turn up five minutes early and be prompt. You should only have changed from the last email if I so arranged with the captain/head of your team/society, so presumably they'll have told you; if not, I'm not really bothered too much. Photos will be TOMORROW. As in the 5th of May. As in the day of local elections. As in Thursday of 2nd week. Be there.
1. Abi asked the Committee for volunteers to do staircase checks on the day of the Garden Party
2. The Committee passed up to £50 to be spent on peer supporters t shirts in order to achieve greater presence of peer supporters during freshers' week; it was agreed that should this be insufficient, a request for a greater sum would be made at a GM
3. Rachael reminded Welfare Subcommittee - and the Committee more generally - of the importance of first responder training sessions and encouraged attendance.
1. We signed a card for Dani who works in Pantry and passed up to £25 for the card and a gift.
2. James told us that he and Meg are looking to have the joint New College event during 6th week in Jowett field.
3. Daisy reminded us that Trinity is a big term for Access & Admissions; this means you should all totally volunteer yourselves for open days and whatnot!
4. Molly is planning to have an exam-revision-tip-sharing session possibly on Sunday - watch this space.
1. We signed a birthday card for Richard (the JCR cleaner).
2. We passed £15 to buy ping pong balls since we've ran out of ping pong balls(!) and we discussed the possibility of a table tennis soc.
3. We passed up to £50 for the purchase of bike lights and D-locks to be stored at the Porters lodge for members of the JCR to buy should they need to bike during the night and left their bike lights elsewhere.
4. Molly reminded people about the TED talks event tomorrow which you should all attend/ give a talk at!
1. We passed £25 for Oxford Women Speak Out and for snacks at a speaker event on Tuesday.
2. We passed £12 to renew our website domain.
3. The Committee passed up to £50 for refreshments and whatnot at the rescheduled Balliol TED talk events which you should all go to and it'll be great (also keep your eyes peeled for Balliol Soapbox next term???)
4. The aforementioned speaker is a third year undergrad from Hilda's who wrote a book called Notes on Being Teenage, she'll be talking on Tuesday.
1. We passed £25 to get a parting gift for Charlotte since she's been an absolute star for Pantry and the JCR.
2. We discussed how making and selling boptails could be more efficiently done - in particular regarding buying alcohol with the bar - since it's currently quite a pain setting up and cleaning pantry; we agreed to revisit this in the future when we had more specific suggestions for addressing this.
UPDATE: it should be fixed!!!
feel free to message me on facebook or email me @ email@example.com if anything isn't working :)
If you have been unable to login, please try creating an account again and see if that helps.
1. Committee had a discussion of the college's disability policy, which has been updated on this website - also you can ask Marianne and Juliet who are now experts.
2. We passed £5.00 for 150 fridge stickers. (Which we've been reliably informed won't leave a sticker residue on the fridges).
3. The potential Codebar Workshop has morphed into pizza and computers run by members of the JCR, watch out for that next week!
4. £20 passed for Mortal Kombat to be replaced.
- £12.50 for Chalk for gym
- £15 for an E and E film night, Wally, or a documentary, or BOTH!
- £50 for the coninually exciting disposable camera project, 39 people interested so far email Nicky for details!
- Up to £40 passed for oven gloves on mainsite, which is very exciting fro anyone who noticed we have kitchens on mainsite.
- £25 passed for a Birthday Present for Maureen.
- £35 passed for welfare slime craft event - what is this? Who knows!? Ask Marianne!
1. £10 passed for a weighing scale for luggage, international students everywhere rejoice
2. Plans were put in motion for disposable cameras to improve the picture store, everyone can have one and the picture fund will pay for developement. Should be a laugh.
3. The disabilities officers are cooking up a comprehensive summary of how medical leave works - should be with everyone soon.
4. Freddy announced his working group to renovate the JCR - email him if you want to join!
- Changed: Laundry Booking
- shows @Balliol-Laundry
- groups days together so it's cleaner
- only shows slots that start after ~2 hours ago (the current people using the washer)
- Added: Unbanning page for when the site bans your ip
- Added: Speaker booking page
- Added: Airbed booking page
From a while ago:
- Added: new charities voting page